Phenomenal Woman

In the wake of the great Maya Angelou passing away this week I have really been thinking about what it means to be a strong woman. I am continuously inspired by Maya Angelou's writing.
I can feel her passion and the love she holds for herself in her words. She didn't say things to put other women down to lift herself up, she spoke from her heart to herself and in turn spoke to every other woman's heart.

It makes me think of my own writing. As a writer, sometimes I sit with a blank page in front of me wondering what others want to hear. I'm going about it all wrong, I should be writing what's in MY heart and what I want to hear.

Cheers to ALL of the Phenomenal Women! May we love ourselves, create our own happiness, and always say what is in our heart.

Rest in Peace Maya Angelou

Respectfully,
Sara