Wrapping up 2013:

Dun dun dun another one bites the dust....
I don't know why, but that song just popped into my head.
I think I was just possessed by Freddie Mercury.

Each year I work up a list of resolutions for the next year. It usually takes me about a week. I like to really focus on what I am going to commit myself to.

As I was writing 2014's list I have been thinking a lot about this past year. Remembering all the things I loved, stressed about, and what I would do differently. Hind sight stuff. I want to take those lessons into this next year. In the past I have just put what I didn't like behind me and moved on, but I think I would benefit from taking those lessons with me and making something amazing happen from it.

2013 was a great year for knowing myself & letting go of hurtful feelings.

It was a year of making several new friends, and knowing when to let go of ones that were no longer. I stopped wasting my energy trying to figure out why or why not people do/act the way they do. It's an exhausting circle that goes nowhere.
I make time for the people that matter to me and I expect the same. Period.

And although I have been saying this for years, I was reminded of it again:
ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR HEART!
I underlined that shit.
Because if you don't, the Universe will find a way to send you in that direction anyway and it may be painful at first because it won't make sense. You will "think" you should be doing this one thing, but your heart says another, then BAM The Universe reacts to your feeling not your doing.
Thanks again for that....

I have learned how good it feels to stop comparing myself.
If I see someone that has something I like or is in better shape than me, I am motivated to put my wants into action and get it myself.
I think of them as the Universe reminding me that if someone else can have/do it, so can I.

The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday! :-)
I end this year with a deep breath and a smile!
Sara