Catching up

There is so much to catch up on. Where do I begin?
Well first, Todd and I have decided to continue to rent rather than buy for the next year. Buying became so stressful that we lost sight of the reason we wanted to buy in the first place. It wasn't fun. And when it was all said and done, we were no longer happy about finding a home, we just want to find some peace in our lives.
When I called up the lender to explain that we were backing out of our offer, he said " Well maybe next year you can live the American dream of owning a home." And I thought " by us not buying a home we can actually afford to breathe easy and continue to go on spontaneous adventures, now that is living the dream!" I want moments, not things. We lost sight of that for a brief second and it felt all wrong.
  Having said that, I am on an interior design/de-clutter mission. More of a rampage. There is so much we planned to get rid of in the move, that we now think" why wait?" let's throw this shit out now! It feels good. I got rid of a cabinet in our bedroom and it was exhilarating. (I'm a geek like that) I am once again looking forward to walking in the house and making it our home. Rented or bought, it's who I share it with that matters. Now that is tender stuff right there.
I will post before & after shots as I continue to create our space.

I can't forget to mention today is Todd's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE! I am always so grateful I get to celebrate his birthdays with him.
It's also the dogs birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY STINKY!
Handsome graciously shares today with Jake and I try to act more excited about Todd's birthday than the dogs.

Cheers to living the dream, Happy Birthdays, and following our hearts!

P.S If you follow me on Instagram, Sorry for the lack of posts. Some crackhead tweekers broke into my car and stole my phone. I am using a loaner for now and will upgrade soon. Hang tight.
P.S.S The crackhead tweekers were found & arrested the next day. Yahoo! But they didn't find my phone. Boo!

Sara