Impromptu Wedding

Last Tuesday night over beer and hot wings, Todd and I decided to get married Saturday. We had been engaged since Valentines and originally planned to marry in August. We never postponed the marriage because we were scared or anything we just kept finding other things to spend our money on.
Anyway, we both knew we wanted to get married this year and outside. With this year coming to a close and the winter weather rapidly approaching, what better time than now? Right?

This is one of the things I really love about Todd. He is spontaneous too and planning a wedding in 3 days sounded like fun to him as well. Luckily I already had my dress and dressing Todd and Christian was super easy. We made some calls, sent out a bunch of text messages, my mom hooked us up with an awesome mayor that could do it on short notice and ...... Viola! We are now Mr. & Mrs!

The weather was beautiful, our family and friends are truly awesome, and Todd and I are so very happy to continue our life adventures together.

I am framing our vows we wrote so we can see them daily. I loved every word of his and I'm very grateful I found such an amazing man.

Here is what I wrote:

I am marrying you because you are my best friend
I vow to always be your wing man in any and all situations. I love that when one of us gets a crazy idea the other smiles and says, “Let’s do this!”
I appreciate that I can talk to you about anything and you don’t just tell me what I want to hear. I promise to do the same for you.
I promise to give you the best of myself and respect you. I know that we are different enough to grow and learn from one another.
I love that you think I am as funny as I do. It’s very important that we keep each other laughing. I promise to give you a life you can smile about.
You are an amazing man with a huge heart and I know I am blessed to love you.
Through the years you and I are going to change in different ways and at different times, when that happens I will just grab your hand, stand by your side and I know we will conquer it all.
I promise to put your feelings before all others.
And on those days when we may not be getting along or don’t feel as close as we should I want you to know that it’s those days I love you the most. Because I love you for whom you are. I am not marrying to change you, I am marrying you so I can continue to learn about the person you already are.
And the answer to your question is: YES! I do love you more than the dog.
Thank you for keeping me on my toes and being spontaneous. I am committed to give you a life full of fun surprises.
I vow to be your loyal, respectful, wife and best friend from this day forward.
I love you.  
Ahhhh..... Straight from the heart!
xoxo Sara